Sydney Swans rookie Elijah Taylor has reportedly been arrested by WA Police in Perth.

Taylor was reportedly arrested and placed into the back of a police vehicle before being taken to Cannington Police Station, according to The West Australian. No charges are believed to have been laid.

According to 7 News Perth, the 19-year-old was arrested in Langford at approximately 1:25pm on Sunday afternoon.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season. Watch every match of every round Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Earlier this month, the Sydney Swans confirmed they were aware of “very serious” allegations regarding Taylor.

“The Sydney Swans are aware of allegations made on social media regarding first year player Elijah Taylor,” a statement read.

“The allegations are very serious and are being treated as such.

“The club had notified the AFL and is not in a position to comment further at this time.”

Taylor’s manager, Tom Seccull, issued a statement to in relation to the allegations levelled at the Swans youngster.

“Elijah, the club and AFL are all aware of the allegations,” Seccull’s statement read.

“However, given the seriousness and sensitivity for those involved, we’re not in a position to comment further at this stage.”

The AFL also responded to the “extremely serious” allegations last Sunday.

“The AFL has been informed of allegations made on social media regarding a Sydney Swans player on Saturday night,” a league statement claimed.

“The allegations are extremely serious. The AFL has been in contact with local law enforcement and will continue to provide support and assistance for all.

“Due to the nature of the allegations the AFL will be providing no further comment at this time.”

Taylor made headlines last month when his partner entered the club’s quarantine accommodation in Perth, which was not permitted in the AFL’s return to play protocols.

Taylor’s partner was alleged to have crossed a golf course and jumped multiple fences in order to enter the Swans’ biosecurity bubble. She spoke with Channel 7 soon after, confirming the true events surrounding the meet up, claiming there was no scaling of any fences.

“No security, I didn’t see a security guard,” she said.

“I just walked through, went to his room. That’s how easy it was. I didn’t jump any fences.”

The Swans were given a $50,000 fine, and the 19-year-old was stood down from the club for the remainder of the season.

WA Police have been contacted for a statement.


By admin