NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian says there have been nine new coronavirus infections in her state in the 24 hours to 8:00pm yesterday.
One is in hotel quarantine and the others are linked to known sources.
The state’s chief health officer Kerry Chant said seven of the cases were linked to known clusters but one is linked to a case in south-east Sydney with no known source of infection.
One case attended Tattersalls City Gym and one is a household contact of a previously reported case linked to the CBD cluster, which now stands at 68.
Five of the new cases are linked to Concord Hospital, in Sydney’s inner west and were another two healthcare workers, one patient and two household contacts of a patient.
Dr Chant said non-urgent surgeries and visitor limitations have been implemented at Concord Hospital due to the rising number of infections there.
She said there were now 12 people who have tested positive to COVID-19 at Concord and Liverpool hospitals.
“Investigations into the source of these infections is ongoing,” Dr Chant said.
“Non-urgent surgery at Concord has been cancelled until Friday and the hospital will be closed to all visitors.”
More to come.