“We’re just aware of a report and I’m sure you’ll respect the fact that I’ve been coaching, so no comment,” Longmire said.
The AFL is yet to comment, but the league’s integrity unit last week intervened after Taylor’s former partner, Lekahni Pearce, detailed her assault allegations through an Instagram story.
The AFL said at the time it had been in contact with law enforcement authorities. A spokesperson for the league on Monday said it was awaiting further updates on the situation before providing any comment.
The incident in question is believed to have taken place in Sydney, not Perth where Taylor has been staying with family and friends since his suspension for the rest of the season as punishment for breaking COVID-19 protocols.
NSW Police has been contacted for comment.
The Swans said last week the club had offered support to both Taylor and Pearce, and chief executive Tom Harley described the situation as “very complex” and the allegations as “extremely serious.”
Taylor and Pearce were sprung breaking AFL and WA Government protocols last month after the woman entered Sydney’s hub accommodation at the Joondalup Resort, where players were supposed to be serving a mandatory 14-day stint in quarantine. The couple later split up.
The Swans were fined $50,000 – half of it suspended – while Taylor was rubbed out for the year, with the club deciding it was best for his welfare to stay in Perth with family rather than stay with the team as it completes its AFL commitments in Queensland.